I SAW EVERYTHING TONIGHT!!!

 

Oh my goodness!  What a night!  

Last night, the ticks scared me, but I didn't stay scared long.  I went to the vet and bought flea & tick pills for my dogs.  I went to the store and bought tick spray for me.  I tucked my pants into my socks, sprayed my clothes, and stayed out of the tall grass.

I picked up 1,795 pieces of trash, which was way more than last night.  My hand seems to be fine as long as I don't overdo. I focused on the "nice" part of Wilbeth Road, and it didn't look bad.  There's always trash to pick up, but when there's not a lot of visible trash, there certainly could be dangerous stuff that needs picked up.

This was the corner of the PNC Bank parking lot.  Couldn't really see it from the road, but it needed cleaned up.

What a difference a little thing like that makes.  It didn't take two minutes.

Also in the PNC Bank parking lot, I found lots of glass, car parts, and I found this needle . . .

Most of the time when I find needles, they have caps on them.  This one didn't.  How dangerous would that be for a child walking by? Or a dog sniffing around.  Oh my goodness!

There's a dumpster in the back of the PNC parking lot.  I was happy to get that out of my trash bag!


I found three screws.  

The little one on the right is not little!  It's 1 1/2" long!

The screw in the middle is the longest screw I ever saw!  

It's 4 1/4" long!  Can you imagine running over any of these with your car?

While I was going west on Wilbeth Road past the bank, almost to the exit ramp where the panhandler sits, I heard a crash.  I guess somebody didn't realize there was a red light and ran right into the back of another vehicle.  That was a mess of a traffic jam!

I didn't want involved in that, so I crossed the street and cleaned up all around the Dairy Queen, and then I heard a police siren. I turned and saw a light green Suburban SUV being chased!  It hit the curb on the right and blew out the right front tire!  Right in front of my eyes!  Super scary!  Worse than the ticks!

It kept going down the road as fast as it could go with a flat tire, swerving around cars, and it made it all the way to Arlington before it went through the intersection and crashed into the big steel post that holds the traffic light.

Police, sheriff and state patrol cars were everywhere!

Thank goodness he didn't hurt anybody but himself.  I've never seen a police chase before.  I didn't think they were going to do that anymore.  Maybe because the Suburban was crippled, they continued to pursue him.  I can't believe he made it all the way down Wilbeth Road and didn't hit anyone at that busy intersection.  When it went by me there were sparks coming out from underneath, and it still smells like burnt rubber outside.

So who else wants to help me pick up trash?  I have seven helpers so far who have picked up 505 pieces so far.   How cool is that?

I promise you . . . there's never a dull moment!
 

Comments

  1. Lots of action Debbie. Maybe a little too much. Please be safe and mindful of your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy day! Be careful out there! Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts