IT'S SO WRONG TO PICK FLOWERS AT THE PARK!

 

Bright and early Saturday morning, I met a small group of neighbors at Firestone Park.  It was our big Clean Up event.  There wasn't much trash to pick up.  Firestone Park is clean.

The woman I walked with was wonderful!  I'm not used to having a partner.  I liked it!

We walked all the way up Grant to Archwood, and we found plenty of trash there.  It was a lot of walking, so I cancelled my plans to pick up trash with my friend, Tom.

On Sunday, I stopped by Firestone Park just to see how nice it looked.  As I was sitting in my car, I saw this couple pull in, park their car, get out and proceed to pick the flowers!

I don't think they would go to jail for picking flowers at a city park, but it's just wrong!  The flowers are there for everybody to enjoy.  If they want a bouquet of flowers, they should go to a florist and buy them, not steal them from me!

Tonight, I picked up 2,149 pieces of trash at the spot where my friend wanted to pick up trash with me on Saturday.  It's right at the corner across from the McDonald's.  There's usually a lot of trash anywhere there's a fast food restaurant at a light.  I haven't seen trash like this for a while.

Along the sidewalk, it was horrible, but it was all new trash.  Once the mower goes through, all the bottles and napkins will be shredded, and then it's REALLY hard to pick up.  So glad I got there first.

There's a nice grassy area off the sidewalk, and then islands of weeds and bushes that catch everything blowing around.  Ick!  I cleaned this whole area last summer, and it's almost as bad as it was then. 

I didn't get it all cleaned up, but almost.  I should be able to finish tomorrow.

I was driving west on Wilbeth Road from Arlington this afternoon, and I was smiling.  We did it!!!  Wilbeth Road is clean!  I never thought I'd say that.  What a wonderful difference it makes to clean up the main streets through Akron.

I'm at 590,122 pieces, 600,000 is right around the corner.  My new goal is one million pieces in the spring of 2025, and I know I can do that without re-injuring my hand.
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts