YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!!! WHAT A NIGHT!

 

I took Monday off to rest my hand, having overdone it again over the weekend.  I was hoping for an easy two hours of picking up trash on sidewalks, no more entrance ramps.  

I should know better.  I don't think I've ever had an easy two hours picking up trash!

I found a nail in a parking lot.  Then I found another one and another one and another one.  In a parking lot where people are driving!  I picked up 116 nails and a screw with my trash grabber!  Wow!  So glad I didn't park my car here.  

That's my new record.  And don't think that wasn't all kinds of fun picking up all those nails!

How does this happen?  Do you think it's on purpose?  If so, someone has a very sick sense of humor.  There's nothing fun about a flat tire.

I found the nastiest kind of broken glass on the sidewalk.  Clear glass and scattered around in the grass.  That's the kind that's really dangerous for children and pets, because they can't see it until after they are hurt.

If there isn't a lot, I pick it up with my trash grabber, but when there's a lot of tiny pieces, I have to unhook my bungee cord that holds my dustpan and broom on my trash cart.  So I did.

And I got it all cleaned up.  I often wonder if the person who smashed the glass bottle is watching in the bushes, laughing at how goofy I look sweeping up tiny pieces of glass.  It kills my hip.

I'm thinking if the person who smashes bottles for the heck of it had to bend over and clean up broken glass, they would never smash bottles again.

I walked to the end of that sidewalk and up the other side and found another mess of clear glass!  So here we go again.  I unhooked my broom and dustpan . . . but there was no dustpan!

Crap!  I must have missed the loop when I was finished with the other mess.  

So I left my trash cart there and raced down the sidewalk to where I remembered picking up the other pile of glass, and there it was!  Just sitting there waiting for me to come back.

I was so afraid that somebody might find it and carry it off . . . but wait!  It's a dustpan!  Nobody would want that!  They might have to use it!

In all the time I've been pulling around my trash cart, broom and dustpan, I've never missed the loop before.  It won't happen again.  I'll be more careful from now on.

I've gotten very attached to my trash cart and broom and dustpan.  If I could change anything, I wouldn't.  They are just right.

Look how much change I found tonight!  32 coins!  I don't understand how people lose money.  I can't remember the last time I dropped a penny.  And if I dropped some money, I would pick it up.  Wouldn't you?

I haven't been keeping track, but I don't think I ever found this much in one session before.  I always disinfect any coins I find, and let them dry on a paper towel.

I picked up 1,907 pieces of trash tonight, and cleaned two areas.  It was a lot of walking.

So far, I have picked up 598,530 pieces of trash, and my team has picked up 1,324 pieces, so together, we are almost at 600,000 pieces!  

Thank you so much to everybody who is reporting their numbers to me every day!  We are doing this!
 

 

Comments

  1. Good job picking up all those nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best Debbie! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s incredible! Good thing you got all of those nails.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts