NOW WE'RE WORKING ON THE EXIT RAMP FROM I-76 TO MAIN STREET

 

My friend, Tom, and I started cleaning the exit ramp from I-76 eastbound to Main Street, after we finished the entrance ramp last weekend.  It was just as messy, but no dead deer.  That made it almost pleasant!

There's plenty of room to get over, but the grassy area is very large.  That means a lot of trash.

It's going to take several sessions to clean this ramp.  I think we finished about 1/3 of it.  

I don't like picking up trash in tall grass, because of ticks, but I sprayed my legs and shoes and went through my tick check when I got home.  No ticks.

There were so many aluminum cans!  I collect them and recycle them to pay for my trash bags.  

I picked up 1,716 pieces today.  Tom doesn't count the pieces, but I'm sure he picked up as many pieces as I did.

I have NEVER filled my recycle wastebasket before! 

I filled it up today!

The exit ramp was such an ugly mess.

We cleaned almost all the way from Main Street to the freeway, just one side, almost three hours.

Tom and I looked back at the area we cleaned together.  He said, "Do you think anybody besides us will notice how nice it looks?"

Probably not, but that's okay.  All we can do is our part.  Maybe some day, people won't litter.  Maybe some day there won't be any trash to pick up.

But today . . . we are doing our part to make the world a better, safer place. 

We filled three big trash bags and left them off to the side of the exit ramp to be picked up.  If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll go back and see if I can finish at least this side.
 

Comments

  1. Thank you Debbie & Tom we appreciate your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts