WHAT AN ADVENTUROUS NIGHT!

 

What an adventurous night!  I decided to take on Waterloo Road.  It's always a mess, because there's a lot of traffic.  

I started at the Dollar Store.  Driving by the other day, I saw a tent in this big field.  When I pulled into the parking lot, I saw the tent was upside down and everything the homeless family owned was all over the parking lot!  I almost cried. 

I don't know what happened, but trash is trash.  I picked up clothing, blankets, food, books, bathroom type items and a suitcase, and put everything in the dumpster.  If the homeless family comes back, at least they can get their stuff.

As I was leaving, the manager of the Dollar Store came out and shook my hand.  He said, "I was just getting ready to pick all that up.  Thank you so much!  Wait!  You're the girl from TV?"  I said I was and I asked what happened.  He said, "Neighbors called the police and nobody did anything, so one guy threw everything into the parking lot.  Thank you so much for all you do for us.  It's a challenge to keep the parking lot clean.  We couldn't do it without you."


That made me feel much better, and I continued on my way up the street.

When I got to this Rally's, there were two employees outside taking a break.  The parking lot was clean, but all around these bushes, it was a mess.  One of the guys thanked me.

I'm pretty sure they didn't realize all that trash was on that side of the store.  It was easy to clean up.

When I came to this bar, there was a group of guys sitting outside on the patio, most likely half drunk.  They were very happy.  

One of the guys saw me walking up the alley toward their dumpster, and he said, "Hey baby!  It's my birthday!  I'm 49!  Want to have a drink with me?"

I said, "Happy Birthday!  I have a son your age!"

I think his mouth was still open when I walked by.  Isn't that funny!

I cleaned all the way to the Rite-Aid, and tucked in the fence with all kinds of bottles and cans and potato chip bags was somebody's pants!  Can you believe that?  

I wonder why someone would decide they don't need their pants.

Never had that happen before.

I crossed the street and headed back toward my car.  

At Brown and Waterloo, the grass was freshly mowed and it looked good . . . until I looked a little closer.  

Right beyond the mowed grass there's a steep hill with large stones, and so much trash!  Bags and bottles and cans.  

I couldn't understand the laziness.  The pieces were big.  They were easy to pick up, but the stones were like walking on marbles!  I just about wiped out twice!

I got it all cleaned up, but I could understand why nobody wanted to clean that up.

After I got all that cleaned up, I saw this great big jug of peanut oil!  Who has a big jug of peanut oil walking down the sidewalk?  That's crazy!

I didn't know there was a leak in the side.  I'll smell like peanut oil the rest of the night.  Henry and Stella can't stop licking me.

Right before I crossed the street, I found a $10 bill hiding in the grass.  I love finding money.  It doesn't happen very often.  

It always seems that I get rewarded when I have an especially hard night.  

I picked up 1,807 pieces tonight and covered a lot of area.
 

Comments

  1. What a strange day picking up trash! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comment about the pants made me laugh. I’m glad you found a reward for your efforts!
    -jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow , a large bottle of peanut oil is insane but at the same time when they are homeless what else option do they have but to cook where they can outside

    I’m sure they don’t mean harm but I feel like adleast the city can put out more trash cans 🚮 let’s leave that part to the city and ask them if they even care

    -Rose

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts