HOT DAY TO PICK UP TRASH!

 

With this incredible heat wave, I'm not going out after work for a while.  I have so much to do with my job that I'm spending two hours on that before I go out to pick up trash.

Tonight, I started at the Dollar Store at Main & Wilbeth.  Remember that tall cardboard box they were using as a trash can?  Really bad idea.  It's overflowing, and the bottom is soggy.  I tried to see how heavy it was, and it's too heavy for me.  

While I was cleaning the parking lot, an employee came out and told me not to try to move it.  I thought that was very considerate of him.

Wait until they figure out how to get it on a cart and mice come running out the bottom!  That's when they'll use a plastic trash can like everybody else.

After that, I went to the other Dollar Store on Main.  While I was cleaning their parking lot, the manager came out and asked me if I wanted a bottle of water.  They have never done that before.  

I told her I would love one, and I drank half of it while she was watching.  (I had ice cold water in my car, but I wanted her to know how much I appreciated her kind gesture.)

 

I picked up 1,384 pieces of trash at the two Dollar Stores.  That's a lot in the heat.

As I was loading up my car, I glanced at the area I just cleaned.  It looks so nice.  Why doesn't anyone but me care about keeping it clean?

I don't understand.  It doesn't take very long.

Then I looked at the other side of the parking lot.  I looked at the bushes where all the trash collects.  Nice and clean.  The fence area was clean.  

Because of the wind, this whole area is always covered with trash.

What a difference it makes.

I'm so proud of what I'm doing for my my neighbors and my neighborhood.

I hurried home and got the dogs and took them to the school to play ball.  They live for that.

I throw the ball really far with my Chuck-It thing, and Henry is running before I even release the ball.  

He usually gets there before the ball.  Sometimes, he'll turn around and the ball will hit him right on the head.  

He thinks that's really fun too.  It's a tennis ball, so it won't hurt him.  (It must be a boy thing.)

Wouldn't you love to be a dog and having nothing more to do than roll around in the grass with a tennis ball in your mouth?

Tonight was one of the best trash picking nights ever!  Not much happened, but I feel really good that I didn't wimp out.
 

Comments

  1. Pictures help tell the story. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see the ball hit him on the head. I'll bet he dog laughs at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s Jaimi- Henry is such a fun dog! And I’m glad you got to do some clean up and not pass out from the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Debbie! What a woman you are in that HEAT! Debby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts