HOT SUN, RAIN, HOT SUN, RAIN . . .

 

Today, I got soaked.  I cleaned all four corners of Wilbeth & Main, and it was too hot, and then it poured down rain, too hot, then poured down rain.  

I kept ducking under trees.  But this little tree didn't help much.

While I was going east on Wilbeth Road, two motorcycles came roaring by.  One was doing a wheelie.  I stopped what I was doing, and I noticed both guys were wearing helmets.  Then the other guy slowed down, stood up on the seat, and then did a wheelie standing up on the bike!  How much protection is a helmet when you ride like that in heavy traffic? 

Some day, I'll get a picture.  I see them a lot, but when they come by, all I can do is stare . . . and cringe.

I found four big screws on Main Street, at four different places.  

This area didn't look too bad, and it wasn't.  I only picked up 1,363 pieces.  There was a lot of walking and a lot of ducking under trees, but it was well worth my time.  Whenever I find nails and screws on the road, it's worth my time.  You can't see them driving by, unless they're in your tire.  You can only see them on foot.

I didn't pick up trash Thursday or Friday.  Too hot.  And I didn't pick up trash Saturday.  I spent the day hanging out with my son, Michael.

Now I'm back on my schedule.  I have some catching up to do!
 

Comments

  1. That is awesome that you still can pick up trash in this heat! Then the rain! You are such a trooper Debbie!
    πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s Jaimi- you are like the postman- no weather can stop you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts