WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THIS MESS!

 

What a hot day!  I almost didn't go out.  Mornings are best for picking up trash, but I had plans this morning, so I went out at 1:00, hottest part of the day, and I started at Lover's Lane & Brown, messiest part of town.

I started out and almost said, "No, it's not happening today,"  but then I focused on my numbers, and I kept going.

I cleaned all around the Dollar Store parking lot and behind the Dollar Store I found this INCREDIBLE MESS!  I saw a challenge and wondered how long it would take me to clean all this up.  I cleaned a mess just like this last summer, and I thought I could do it again.

It was very hard, but it only took me 39 minutes to clean all that up!  

You can see it from the sidewalk, and it will be a breeding ground for rats and snakes, but mostly, I wanted to clean it up, because I knew nobody else would.

And it blows all over the street and sidewalk, so I figured I could clean it up now, or clean it up later.  Either way, it needed cleaned up.

This is pretty funny.  I found a giant liquor bottle with something religious stuck in the top and warning tape tied around the neck of the bottle.  

Anybody with that much creativity surely could have found a trash can, don't you think?

Almost back to my car, I saw another endless mess of trash.  I was almost too tired to pick it up, but I couldn't walk by.

There was a junky car parked there.  You can't see it all in the picture.  I saw the back door was open, so there was obviously somebody living in it.

I didn't look inside the car, but I cleaned all around it.  I didn't want to see who was living in their car.  That's so sad.  Can you imagine living in a junk car, in the hot sun?


I got it all cleaned up and it didn't take long.

As I approached Lover's Lane and Brown, I glanced across the street at the bus stop.  Yes, lots of trash, but not today.  It'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I got home and drank two 24 oz. glasses of water.  

I'm almost at 650,000 pieces, slowly making my way to my one-million-piece goal!


 

Comments

  1. It’s Jaimi- I saw that first picture and thought- eww! I can’t believe all that trash! It’s always nice to see the after pictures! Great job Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much trash today! Bless you for caring so much to pick up other people’s trash. You are an earth angel! 😇

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s awesome Debbie! You are just amazing!Debby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts