WOW! ANOTHER SUPER GOOD NIGHT!

 

Tonight was another super good night.  Wait until you hear everything that happened.

I decided to start at the Dollar Store at Main & Wilbeth.  It was really bad.  I picked up over 1,200 pieces of trash in the parking lot.  

I was so happy to see they put two big cardboard boxes on either side of the front door for TRASH.  I can only imagine how heavy they would be if they were full and wet, so I thought I'd take them to the dumpster and empty them.  

One was already too heavy for me to carry.  I love my trash cart!  It helps me in so many ways!

As I was taking the second box to the dumpster, I saw an employee outside for a smoke break.  He thanked me for cleaning the parking lot.  He said he tries to keep it clean.  

Why do people say stuff like that?  It was obvious that nobody but me cleans his parking lot.

It looks really good now.  

It would only take a few minutes a day to keep it looking like this.  Wouldn't employees enjoy a few minutes outside?  I know I love being outside every day picking up trash.

I was headed north on Main Street to Firestone, but I looked across the street and saw a pop bottle, so I crossed Main Street to pick it up.


There was a whole lot more than a pop bottle.  There were endless car parts in the parking lot of a restaurant.  

Did I tell you how much I hate sweeping up car parts?  They are never ending!

It looks so much better.  I'm sure the owner of this restaurant will appreciate it.  

Nobody cleans up car parts, because it's too hard.


I went up the sidewalk beside the restaurant and found a dozen glass liquor bottles, and a knife.  I always feel so good when I find dangerous things and get them off the street.  

I was again headed north on Main, and two men asked me if I was a volunteer.  I told them yes.  The older man said "Do you take donations?"  I told him I pay for all my supplies, so that would be really nice.

He gave me three dollars and said if he sees me out again, he'll give me more.  What a sweet man!  I told them my whole story, and they will be talking about this for a while.

I crossed Main Street again to empty my trash bag in the Dollar Store dumpster.  All those liquor bottles made it too heavy to pull.  The two men happened to be coming out of the Dollar Store, and the older man gave me two more dollars!  He said he'd give me more if he saw me again!  I didn't think it would be so soon!

So I finally crossed Wilbeth Road at the light, and all the cars were stopped except one going through the intersection.  The young man driving a little car literally SCREAMED out the window, "I LOVE YOU, DEBBIE!  THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU'RE DOING!"

At first, it scared me, and then I couldn't stop laughing!  Never had that happen before.

At Wilbeth & Main, I glanced over to see the new softball fields.  What a beautiful sight!  Akron really is a beautiful city.  It's worth my time to do what I can to keep it clean.

I walked all the way from Wilbeth to Firestone, crossed the street and walked all the way back to Wilbeth.  I picked up 6 pieces of trash.  Somebody has been working hard to keep this area looking nice.  

I smiled all the way back to Wilbeth Road.   Some day, all the roads will look like this.

Here's a view of Main Street from Wilbeth Road.  It's so pretty!

I picked up 2,047 pieces of trash before it started raining.  It would have been much more if this stretch of Main Street hadn't been so clean.

I've picked up 634,000 pieces of trash so far.  I'm getting closer to my goal!

I've swept up 969 piles of broken glass.  Isn't that incredible? 

I've picked up 555 nails, bolts and screws.  My friend, Tom, got a nail in his tire, and unfortunately, it couldn't be patched, so he had to get new tires.  I guess there's still nails out there for me to pick up.
 

Comments

  1. You sure had a very interesting day! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a street from the 1950s! All clean and spotless. People value all you do!
    -jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made akron beautiful and you are keeping it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a working machine. Glad people continue to notice your efforts. No need for the gym for all the walking you do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts