PREPARE TO BE AMAZED!!!

 

I thought after picking so much trash out of the bushes, anything I did today that didn't involve thorny bushes would be easy.

There was nothing easy about today!

First it was raining.  I didn't know it was supposed to rain, so I just got wet.

I found this disgusting cooler in the weeds by the football field.  There was all this stuff around it.  A couple of coffee cups, a squished soccer ball, a tiny foot ball, a tennis ball, a golf ball, a handle extension, bicycle handlebars, a broken football helmet, some kind of step stool, a bunch of wire . . . and a knife.

I wasn't really sure what I should do with all that.  Couldn't leave it there.

So I put everything in the cooler, and I balanced it on my trash cart, hoping for the best.

It was actually so heavy that it stayed right where I put it as I wheeled it about a half mile to the dumpster.

Then I went back to the football field, because that's where I was headed when I found the cooler and all that other trash.

There has to be one heck of a party in this football field every Saturday night!  These beer cans were scattered all over the football field.  They all had the caps on.  Why?  Makes no sense.

I had to stand there in the rain and unscrew all the caps and then squish the cans.  

I filled up my recycle bin twice today!  That's never happened before.

I cleaned 7 areas today.  I think that's a record.  

I was picking up trash on Wilbeth, and I ran into this piece of steel.  I don't know what it is, but it is very long.  And very heavy.

I stopped what I was doing again, and I carried this piece of steel up the sidewalk to the dumpster before somebody (me) got hurt.

So many delays today.  Not only did I drive to 7 different areas, but I took two 30-minute breaks, hoping that will help keep my leg from aching.

I was headed back to my car and I saw this bag of trash, really stinky baby diaper trash, just heaved along the side of the street!  Who does something like that.  

Thank goodness I found it before it busted open, and the garbage was all scattered over the road.

Come on, people!   Just a little further . . . the dumpster is right there!

Today was a big day for coins and nails, bolts & screws.

I will go weeks without finding a penny, and then I'll find coins all over the place.

A penny isn't worth much, and that must be why people discard them, but I always pick them up.  I think a penny brings me good luck.  (Lots of good luck today!)

I picked up 3,332 pieces of trash today.  That's a very big day!

I have picked up 1,139 piles of broken glass, 637 nails, bolts and screws, and I'm at 737,734 pieces, on my way to a million by Spring!


 

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness Debbie that is sooo much trash! I can’t believe you continue to pick so much up! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unreal. All that trash. And that cooler. Thank you for continuing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts