WHAT AN INCREDIBLY AMAZING NIGHT ON LOVER'S LANE!

 

Remember, I decided to focus all my efforts on Wilbeth Road?  Well, that didn't really work out like I thought it would.  It didn't work out for a very good reason though.

The reason?  There's no trash to pick up on Wilbeth Road!  I already picked it up!

I haven't gone out since Thursday.  And even then, my numbers were very low.

So . . . I'm revising my plan.  I added seven main streets that are heavily traveled back into my plan.  By the time I get back to Wilbeth Road, it will need attention again.

Tonight, I headed over to the worst area for trash:  Lover's Lane.  There's a Dollar Store, a Circle K, and a taco truck on the corner.  And sure enough, it was a MESS!  The worst I've ever seen it.  I wasn't sure how much I would get done, but I decided to give it my best shot.

I got the corner all cleaned up, and worked my way down the street.  Got that all cleaned up.  Then I started cleaning the Dollar Store parking lot.  

But here's the incredibly amazing part . . . at least a dozen people stopped to talk to me, and they thanked me for what I'm doing!!!

I didn't think the people who lived in this neighborhood cared.  I was wrong.  They do care!  They care a lot!

One guy said, "People are pigs!  Thank goodness for you!"  Another guy said, "Can I help?" Another guy said, "It's an endless job.  How do you do it?"

But my favorite guy was so very nice.  He said, "I saw you on TV.  I see you all over.  I was born here.  This is my town.  Thank you so much for caring about my town."  I told him about my blog, and I hope he reads it.  He has no idea how much I needed to hear all the nice things he had to say.

The trash in this parking lot was smashed, rained on, run over.  What a mess!  

It was very hard to pick up, because most of it was stuck to the pavement.

But I got it all picked up.  I'll need to go back tomorrow and finish the other three corners, but I feel really good about what I got done tonight.

I jumped in my car, and wrote my number down so I could remember it when I got home.

I picked up 1,981 pieces of trash tonight.

1,981?  Why is that number familiar?

Then it hit me!  It's the year my son, Jeff, was born!  

And today is his birthday!!!  He was born on October 1, 1981!

How incredible is that?

Jeff is a wonderful husband, father and son.  He makes the world a better place.

I hope he's as proud of me as I am of him.

Tonight was an incredibly amazing night on Lover's Lane!

Comments

  1. That is one goofy looking guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your handsome son. You did have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing, Debbie. Just because your neighborhood was clean, you went looking for trash elsewhere!!! That’s great! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s Jaimi- what an uplifting night you had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Jeff 🎉

    Great job Debbie!
    You never cease to amaze me. Incredible passion and commitment!💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Debbie! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts