HAPPY "DEBBIE MILLER DAY!"

 

One of my best friends, Ellen, took me to dinner tonight to celebrate "Debbie Miller Day" on April 3.  And she gave me this beautiful glass picture of Henry & Stella running in the snow.  I love it!  I have the perfect spot to display it in my house.

Ellen has been with me on this journey from the beginning.  She was at Firestone Park when the Mayor presented me with the Proclamation and declared April 3, 2023, "Debbie Miller Day."  She was also at Firestone Park when Channel 5 did a news story at 100,000 pieces.  I am so grateful for her friendship.

We talked and laughed for two hours, so I didn't have much time to pick up trash tonight.  

After dinner, I raced over to the Wilbeth-Arlington Properties.  There was one area I didn't clean.  It was spotless!!!  I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see they are taking over where I left off.  All my hard work over Easter weekend was worth it!

Thank you so much!

I started driving around looking for trash, and I found a lot here.  You can't really see how bad it is.  There's a lot of litter in the leaves along the fence.  I picked up 667 pieces of trash, mostly glass, from here to the intersection in just 30 minutes.

I had hoped to pick up all the trash on the other side of the street, and it's worse than this side, but it was getting dark, and I didn't want to do anything to get hurt.



This side looks really good now.  I'll finish the other side tomorrow.

I found out I don't have to work on Monday, because of the total eclipse.  Yay!  I'm planning to go out for three hours, enjoy the total eclipse (I have my glasses ready!) and then go out for three more hours.  That should really boost my numbers having an extra three hours to pick up trash!

On Saturday, one of my coworkers, her son and I are going to meet at Wendy Park in Cleveland.  There is a great big Keep America Beautiful Cleanup as we spruce up the areas where a million people are expected to be coming for the total eclipse.  (My guess is we'll need a cleanup after all those people leave more than we need it now.)

I'm at 561,590 pieces, and it hasn't even been three weeks since I reached a half a million.  I'm clipping right along, and if I can just stay focused and not get sick or hurt, I will reach a million pieces by the end of summer.
 

Comments

  1. The picture is beautiful. I even had it on my calendar so Happy Debbie Miller Day a day late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you will get to a 1,000,000 pieces of litter! Because you are determined! Thank you Debbie! Debby❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s Jaimi- that is a beautiful picture of Henry and Stella. What a kind gift! I’m so glad you had a great dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely photo. Glad you took some time for you and had a great time with a great friend. You will achieve your goal- 1 million!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts