HERE ARE FOUR ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE PICTURES!

 

Did you watch the total solar eclipse today?  I think it was one of the most amazing things I ever experienced, all in slow motion.  I ran outside with my eclipse glasses every five minutes and watched the moon totally cover up the sun.

One of my really good friends, Debby, sent me a picture that her husband took on Lake Erie.  Isn't it incredible?  I took a couple pictures in totality, and they didn't look like this.  I love it!

I sold 2,500 pairs of solar eclipse glasses, and bought some to give away.  I looked through them and saw nothing but darkness.  They were authentic, ISO certified, but I was not sure what all the fuss was about.  Now I know.

The next total solar eclipse in Ohio is in 2099!  This was truly a once in a lifetime event!

This picture is almost as amazing, but in a different way.  Wait until you look closer.

I was picking up the trash on this playground, and I found a 13" butcher knife stuck in the mulch right in front of the sliding board!  

Who would do something like that?  The same people who break glass on the splash pad?  And throw nails on the road?

If you ask me why I pick up trash, this is why.  To keep our pets and children safe.

After that, I picked up 18 nails and screws in front of the pizza shop at Arlington & Wilbeth.  

Incredible!

I was still thinking about the eclipse, the butcher knife and the nails, and I saw a bunch of really young children playing in the grass with trash everywhere.  

I started picking it up, and one of the smallest little girls came running over to me and said, "Do you want us to help you?"

Seriously?  They wanted to help me?  I almost cried! I told her, "Absolutely!  Let's do this!"

The older boy in the blue shorts came along and asked the little kids why they were picking up trash.  The little girl said, "Because it's fun!"  And then he joined in!

Before we knew it, the entire green space was clean.

This was truly an incredible day!
 

Comments

  1. See Debbie you are making such an awesome difference! Nobody has ever taught those kids to pick up trash and I’m sure they will not litter now that they understand somebody has to pick it up! WAY TO GO DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts just get better and better 👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s Jaimi- a butcher knife!!!!! Whoa!!! How sweet that the kids all joined in. They see a good thing and want to be part of it! Keep it up- you are making a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh! I can’t believe the butcher knife! What in the world are people thinking! You saved a child from getting seriously hurt. Thank you! The group of children are precious! You taught them something today! What an incredible day! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely are shaping the future, especially theirs. I’m happy for you and them. Just think of all the DEBBIES out there now. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job
    -Rose

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts