EXIT RAMP FROM I-76 TO ARLINGTON

 

Today, I went to the exit ramp at I-76W and Arlington.  It's always a mess.  The last time I cleaned it, I remember it was very cold.

I usually clean this grassy area first, but look at it!  It's taller than me!  No way am I going into tickville.  I'm going to report this to the City of Akron.

So here's the exit ramp, messy as usual.  The panhandler was sitting there looking very sad.  I cleaned all around him and told him, "Maybe you'll get more money if people think you cleaned the trash."  He replied, "I clean it all the time."

Why do people tell me things that I know are not true?  He cleans this exit ramp just like I flew over here today.

I got it all cleaned up, and he didn't even say thank you, but what a miserable life he has.  I would hate to sit at an exit ramp all day and beg for money.  I'd rather work.
This is a very long exit ramp, but it didn't seem as long in 80 degree weather as it did when it was 30 degrees.
The cars come flying off I-76W.  I was very careful to stay far from the road, and I was also very careful not to scare anyone.  Nobody expects a person to be picking up trash, obviously.

I thought this view was really pretty, minus the garbage.

I got that side all cleaned up, and I was careful to cross the exit ramp when no cars were coming.  I got the other side all cleaned up, and started to cross the road to empty my bucket in my trash cart, and oh my goodness!  I could not see if a car was coming!

Note to self:  Don't do that again!

I walked all the way up the road to a point where I could see if there was anything coming.  Then I wheeled my trash cart across the road and continued cleaning the south side of the exit ramp.

After I was done picking up trash, I went to the nursery and bought perennials and finished my flower garden.  I had some plants that took over my garden, so I pulled them.

I think this flower garden will be really pretty next year, once it fills in.

My son came to Akron to see me, and we went to dinner.  We had a great time, and he was driving back to my house.  We stopped at Moore and Firestone, and there was a guy walking on the sidewalk.  He very purposely threw his empty water bottle on the street, and then he walked onto the street to kick it into the sewer!

In front of my very eyes!  I told my son I wanted to get out and say, "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?  SHAME ON YOU!  I'M THE AKRON WOMAN WHO PICKS UP TRASH, AND YOUR WATER BOTTLE IS HEADED TO THE OCEAN!  NEXT TIME, IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE ENERGY TO CARRY IT OR PLOP IT IN A TRASH CAN, LEAVE IT ON THE GRASS SO I CAN PICK IT UP."
 

Comments

Popular Posts