I FINISHED TWO CORNERS OF ARCHWOOD & ARLINGTON!

 

Early this morning, I went back to the area by the Dollar Store where I left off last night.  IT WAS SO HARD!  AND HOT!  The trash was tangled up in all these bushes.  I had to twist and bend to find it all.
But I did.  I got it all.  There are bushes on three sides of this property.  If the bushes were planted to "catch" the trash, it works REALLY well!  But then somebody needs to pick the trash out of the bushes once it's captured.  (I hope it's not me next time.)
The trash is unsightly and germy, but there are other reasons to walk all over the sidewalks, roads and parking lots - nails, screws and bolts.  I found five in the Dollar Store parking lot today.
I had a hard time getting this glass bottle to release it's grip.  How long do you think it has been there?
My guess is . . . a long time!
Picking all the trash out of the bushes was so hard that I was unusually tired.  I checked my phone and I still had 42 minutes to go.  I had only been out for 2 hours and 18 minutes?  OMG!  I was about to drop, and I was soaking wet.  I thought it would be cooler in the morning, but I was wrong.

The man who operates this drive through came out of the store, even though he had customers backed up to the street, and asked me if I wanted a bottle of water.  I did!

He gave me a bottle of ice cold water that had ice in it!  Yum!  I drank half of it standing there on the sidewalk, and I was rejuvenated!  Goodness, I must have been dehydrated.  I won't let that happen again.

After the long line of customers passed through, I went back in and thanked him again.  I told him who I was, and he said, "I know who you are.  I've seen you in the paper."  

I was in the paper?  How cool is that?


I cleaned all four sides of the drive through, and on the other side of the street, I saw trash along this fence.  I have never been on this street before. 

So I got all of that picked up, and I realized that I need to get out of my area at least once a week.  I stay busy cleaning the same areas over and over, but this street has never been cleaned, and my guess is, it will stay clean for a long time.

I picked up 3,288 pieces of trash today.  It was another really good day, and I made another new friend!
 

Comments

  1. I love the before and after pictures! You make it all beautiful again! Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts