I MADE TWO NEW FRIENDS TONIGHT!

 

I finally made it back to Archwood & Arlington to finish the other two corners.  The last time I parked in the Vape Store parking lot, I got a flat tire.  So I immediately began walking over the parking lot to see if there were any nails.

There were nails.

I marched into the store to talk to the owner.  His name is Nader.  I asked, "Do you know there are nails and screws all over your parking lot?  The last time I parked here, I got a flat tire."

He came outside with me, and I showed him the nails I found tonight.  He couldn't believe it.  

He was very nice!  He showed me some of the things he is doing to improve his building, and it looks great.  I told him I would be sure to clean this area more often.

Looking at the parking lot, it doesn't look trashy at all.  

I guess black nails on a black parking lot are pretty hard to see, but somehow tires manage to find them.

Here's what I picked up . . .  26 nails and screws, enough to cause 26 headaches.

Where do they come from?  I'm going to hope they have been there for a long time. Maybe there won't be any the next time I clean this area.

So I continued west on Archwood for a block, crossed the street, and continued east toward the Circle K.

And I made another friend.  His name is George, and his property is amazing!  Every blade of grass is in place.  He is so proud of his yard, and he told me he goes out EVERY DAY and picks up trash.  I told him I could tell.  There was a little on both sides of him, but nothing in his yard.

I told him I only had an hour to finish cleaning this area, but I would come back and chat another time.  I liked him a lot.

I picked up 1,597 pieces tonight, and it was so hot.  I talked a lot, but I finished both corners, so I'll be back in my neighborhood tomorrow.

What a great night!
 

 

Comments

  1. It was so nice to meet you and thank you for coming over to Mood Vapes and making me aware of the nails and cleaning them up. You are amazing and what you to do make Akron beautiful is special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s awesome, picking up trash and also making friends🥰😘👍Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your day had positive happenings. Thank you for all you do
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts