ARCHWOOD & ARLINGTON WAS A HOOT!!!

 

Picking up trash last night was so disgusting, with all those poopy diapers, that I tried all day to think of an area that was really beautiful.  But then I realized that EVERY area is beautiful after I clean it, so I didn't need to think so hard.

I drove over to Archwood & Arlington, and it was a mess again. 

The first thing I found was this metal file.   Right on the side of the road!  Can you believe that?  Not just sharp, but rusty!  This would kill you for sure.  So happy to find that!

Then I found this can in a bag in a bush!  Wow!  If a person could be this creative, why couldn't they place it in the trash can instead of a bush?

If only people who litter could use their creativity in a good way, this would be a much better world!

Then I found these sunglasses.  They were perfect!  Nothing wrong with them except a lens missing.  

They would have been great for someone with only one eye!

I turned the corner, and I had to laugh at this.  

Not only aren't the bushes trimmed and the trash picked up, but it looks like a palm tree is growing right out of the center of this bush!  Wow!

You don't see that every day!

When I pick up a heavy bag . . .
There's a really good chance there's a glass liquor bottle inside.

No disappointment tonight.

I picked up 1,472 pieces of trash on this one corner tonight.

I swept up so much broken glass!  Since broken glass is what caused me to change my life and pick up trash every day, I am always happy to find it before a dog's nose finds it.

So many liquor bottles!  I picked up a dozen of them, and then . . .

I picked up 15 more!  Oh my goodness!  Who can drink this much Wild Irish Rose?  I don't even know what it is, but somebody likes it a whole lot.

It's getting dark so early now, and next month, the time falls back.  I love picking up trash in the evening, then taking my dogs to the school to play ball, but I think I'm ready for a bit of a break.

I'll still reach my one-million-piece goal by Spring.  

I'm at 777,292 pieces, and I need to be at 800,000 pieces by November 1 to be on track.

I'll do it!  Watch me!

Comments

  1. We’re watching that’s funny🤔🤪

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine this…someone was saving those bottles with the intention of filling them w colored water to proudly show them off on their windowsills, but the labels were impossible to remove.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts