BEWARE OF ACORNS!

 

Oh my goodness!  The squirrels need to get busy picking up acorns in Akron!  

I walked across grass that was covered with acorns, and it was just how I imagine it would be if I was walking on marbles!  

And they were everywhere!

Now I'm very careful walking on acorns.  I'm doing the senior shuffle!  Isn't that funny?

How many people see a couch right by the sidewalk on Wilbeth Road? 

Seriously?  

Is that the best they could do to dispose of a couch they no longer wanted?

Wow.

I found a pop can on the sidewalk, and when I squished it to recycle, I discovered it was half full of cherry pop!  Ick!  It squirted all over my leg and my shoe.  

I like cherry pop very much, but I don't like wearing it!  

I felt sticky the whole time I was picking up trash, and bees were following me around.

I saw a plastic bottle on the road.  Apparently, it was half full too, but luckily, a car got it before it could attack me.

That's really pretty gross.

Look at these acorns on the sidewalk.  And broken glass!

The only thing worse than falling on the sidewalk from acorn marbles is falling on broken glass when you land!

(I kinda think this had to be on purpose, don't you?)

I saw this stuff on the road.  

It's the crinkly filler you put in a gift basket.  What on earth is it doing on the road?  That's crazy.

This whole evening was crazy.

And it just kept getting crazier.

I was cleaning this corner, and I watched a man come zooming down the sidewalk on a little scooter.  Apparently, he forgot where the brakes were, if there are brakes on a scooter!  He ran right into the side of the building!

I've never seen anything like that before.  He wasn't hurt, thank goodness.  I'm happy about that.

And I'm even happier that I wasn't standing between him and the building!

I picked up 1,608 pieces tonight.  

It got cold, and a woman walking by said, "Aren't you cold?"  I still had on shorts and a t-shirt, because it was warm earlier.  

I told her, "If I'm cold, then I'm not working hard enough."  (But yes, I was cold.)

Comments

  1. It’s Jaimi- never a dull moment for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes acorns are terrible. My yard is full of them from my NEIGHBOR'S tree. There are way more this year than last. Hope that doesn't mean a bad winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to conquer Debbie! (That spelling may be wrong😬) Great job, u r amazing! Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was hilarious. It looks like a lot of the acorns were open. Maybe the squirrels took the nut part already. I wish you could have gotten a picture of the guy hitting the building. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts