GUESS WHO I SAW AT THE EXIT RAMP FROM 77 TO WILBETH ROAD?

 

Oh my goodness!  Look who I found at the exit ramp from 77 to Wilbeth Road!  My good friend, Roger!  I couldn't believe it.  He said he's been in the hospital.  I was sure he died.  I am so happy to see him alive and looking very well.  Friends are hard to find, and Roger is a dear friend.

I drove to my office in Cleveland to pick up a chair and take it to a customer in Canton.  A lot of driving.  That gave me an opportunity to look at our freeways.  77 was so clean.

I was nearing the exit onto Route 18, and a little maroon car with temporary tags threw a big white bag of trash out the passenger's side window.  I hurried and pulled up beside him, and the driver was a 30ish year old black man with a nicely trimmed beard.  He obviously cared about his appearance, but he doesn't care at all about our freeways.

I was thinking it would be so fun to survey people who litter.  Why do people throw stuff out their car window?  I thought if an area was trashy, they thought another piece of trash wouldn't matter, but the freeway was clean.  So my theory was proved wrong today.

I came up with some possible reasons as I drove as to why people litter:

  • They don't want the sticky ice cream cup in their car.
  • They don't want to be caught with an open liquor bottle in the car.
  • Their cup holder has a coffee cup, so the pop cup has to go before it spills.
  • They don't want their husband or kids to know they just had a Big Mac at McDonalds.
  • They don't want their girlfriend to know their car is a mess, and they live like pigs.
  • And possibly, napkins or Walmart bags fly out the window by accident.  Possibly.

That's really all I could come up with.  Why do you think people throw stuff out their window?

Comments

  1. Ah! I'm so glad your dear friend is doing alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lots of reasons that are probably true but wish more people cared like you do 🤔 Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was happy to see Roger again a few weeks ago. He said that he loves me. LOL! Hrs always happy to talk to leople.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts