THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN HELPING OTHERS

 

There are no pictures of trash today, but this post belongs on my blog, and you'll see why in a minute.

I had my day all planned.  I was going out to pick up trash twice, because it was such a gorgeous day.  But my son called and said, "Mom, I haven't seen you for a while.  Want to come to Columbus?"  

I told him I had my day all planned, and I would be in the car in 5 minutes, heading south!  I will NEVER pass up a chance to spend time with my kids!

So we met at the dog park, and the dogs were so happy to see each other.  This dog park is very big, with woods and rocks and obstacles for them to play on.


We ask the dogs to do all kinds of stupid things, and they always do them!  They are so much fun!

Unfortunately, a woman was not having much fun with her Shar Pei.  She asked me, "I can't catch my dog.  She doesn't want to go home.  Can you please help me?"

So I walked over to her dog saying nice things like, "Are you a good girl today?  I think you're a good girl."  And she was so happy for me to pet her head.  I slid my hand down and gently grabbed her collar and kept talking to her.  Her owner came over and snapped the leash on her collar, and she was incredibly grateful.  

I told my son, "It feels so good to help people."

Then a boy with a German Shepherd was in a panic.  He had a great time at the dog park, and when he got to his car, he discovered he lost his car keys!    He said, "Have you seen any keys?  Can you please help me find them?" 

So my son and I spent the next 30 minutes walking in rows across the acres of this dog park, covered in leaves.


And oh my goodness!  I found them!!!  

The boy was so grateful, he said, "Can I give you a hug?"  He got a great big hug back from me, and we all laughed with joy!  

I can't imagine what I would do if I lost my car keys!  

Nobody else was helping, just Jason, me and the boy.

He was such a nice boy!  I asked him if I could take a picture of him and his dog for my blog.

My son is 33 years old, and I still won't miss a chance to teach him things.  I hope when I'm not around, he will help someone catch their dog, and find their car keys, and pick up trash off sidewalks and streets.

I think the reason we have children is so we can be the best we can be to set a good example.  Don't you?

Comments

  1. Absolutely. And when they turn out to be good people, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful Debbie that you and your son helped both of them! You are both such special people❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. It warms your heart to help people when they are in need! 😇 Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an awesome human setting an example for mankind. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts