I NEED TO KEEP MY DOGS SAVE

 

Every night, I take my three dogs downtown.  There's so much to see, and the City of Dayton is so pretty.  But lately, I noticed litter along the alleys and sidewalks.  My 5-month old puppy picks up everything, and yesterday, he was chewing a piece of bubble gum!

So today, I dusted off my trash cart and headed to town to pick up trash where I walk. 

I get excited when I find dangerous things in the street.  This is a pipe, about 18" long, right in the middle of the road.  No danger to my dogs, unless a car got a flat tire and ran off the road.
I picked up lots and lots of cigarette butts.  Most people who smoke don't know they are trash, but they are.  One cigarette butt takes 1 1/2 years to 10 years to biodegrade.
And last night, when we walked past the pavilion, I saw a guy working on his bicycle.  Today, I saw all these screws and parts still laying there.  Look how close the trash can is.  Why couldn't he throw his trash away?
I found a lot of broken glass.  Since my dog got cut on a piece of broken glass on the sidewalk, I get angry every time I see broken glass.  

It's all picked up now.

I was out walking for 2 hours in the hot sun.  I picked up 941 pieces of trash over 2 1/2 miles.  In Akron, I picked up about 1,000 pieces an hour, so you can see there's not nearly as much trash here, but I still need to make an effort to keep my city clean.

Our dog walk tonight will be so much more enjoyable when I don't have to worry about my puppy eating something that will hurt him. 

Comments

  1. Good job, Debbie! Thank you for keeping your new city clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Debbie - I’m
    Sure brings back memories…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Debbie! You see trash, you take care of it! Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts