WHAT A SUPER HOT DAY TO PICK UP TRASH!

 

After seeing all the trash in Columbus on Tuesday and Wednesday, I was anxious to get out and keep Dayton clean, especially where I walk my dogs.

Every morning, I go the Sports Complex.  This parking lot had lots of tiny pieces of trash, like cigarette butts and water bottle caps, tiny pieces my dogs love to eat.

I happened to get there as school was letting out.  Cars were lined up and I felt dozens of eyes on me.  I hope people see me picking up trash and think, "Wow, that's nice.  I can do that too!" 

It was miserably hot.  We've had 45 days in a row over 90 degrees.  That's miserably hot without a break!

I found plastic bags, and trash around the benches where people watch their kids play sports.


And I saw this cigarette pack about a month ago.  Still there. Am I the only one who saw it?
I picked up 196 pieces of trash at the Sports Complex in an hour.  Then I went into town and picked up 452 pieces of trash in this alley by the courthouse.  What a stinky mess!  The trash falls out of the trash cans and nobody bothers to pick it up.

That took another hour, so I got my two hours in.  And unlike Akron and Columbus, these areas will stay clean for months. 

Comments

  1. Bless you for being out in that heat! You are a trooper! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of you to clean up stinky trash in the heat! That’s wonderful! Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, you are a Rock Star!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts